Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 9: Hypersyndication

Marketing is definitely one of my weak points and yet a critical part of a budding business.  I have been reading and scouring the web to build my knowledge in this area.  I ran across a website called lynda.com that has training videos on numerous topics.  While searching for information on creating podcasts I found one on hypersyndication.  While simple in concept it is powerful in effect.

Basically hyper syndication is reusing your content and syndicating it on numerous channels.  Based on what I learned I have developed my approach to this.  I am already generating content in the form of newsletters, book summaries, and a daily blog.  The next step is to broadcast this via RSS and podcasts to reach a broader audience.

So I set up RSS on my website and blog and signed up with services that advertise blogs.  My hope is to get some traction, which in turn will result in paying clients.  First and foremost I am trying to establish myself as an authority in the field of leadership development.

I also went and purchased a microphone to record my podcasts and have already started converting the material I have published into the new format.  I have also been practicing recording to get the right sound in my voice so that it will be pleasant to listen to.  Once I get them recorded I will start publishing them on my website and iTunes.

The other elements of my marketing plan include finding speaking engagements, purchasing a list to place some cold calls, and offering complimentary coaching sessions.  I also want to hire a coach to assist me in building my practice.  In all my research and my discussions with my SCORE mentor I am on the right track.  Soon this will start to pay off in terms of credibility and new clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment