Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 21: My First Podcast

With the help of a very good friend I have finished the recording of my first podcast, entitled "Maximizing Effectiveness".  I am so proud of this accomplishment and excited to get it edited and posted to iTunes for distribution.  I did not anticipate this would be so difficult to get completed.  Although my friend, who is a professional programming director created an Intro/Outro that I can use for each episode along with a segment marker.  Now that I have done this once I and figured out the tools I am confident future podcasts will be easier to produce.

I have embedded a copy of the Intro below for your enjoyment.


The equipment I purchased to produce my podcast seems to be working out just fine.  I purchased a microphone, a pop-filter, and Garage Band to do my audio editing.  Some of the important things I learned when producing my first podcast is:
  1. Less is more when it comes to wording.
  2. Start off using a script, as you become more comfortable you can speak from an outline.
  3. Stand up while recording, it enables you to enunciate and have more power in your voice
  4. Record one segment at a time.  If you make a mistake, pause and re-record the segment again.  The outtakes can be edited out later.
  5. Wear a pair headphones while you are recording so that you can hear your own voice.
  6. For my setup, mp3 format renders the best quality audio.
If you have any interest in syndicating your content in this way I certainly encourage it.  It was a lot of hard work and a tremendous amount of fun at the same time.  Eventually I would like to get into video production as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment