Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 15: Administrivia

I have found that it is easy to focus on the tasks that are the least productive to building my practice.  I am putting the cart before the horse in some respects and need to remain focused on obtaining paying clients. To that end I have signed up for a new coach referral service called Noomii.  Potential clients post their coaching needs and then coaches bid to provide service.  So far I have been the high bidder on two potential engagements but they have not converted into actual opportunities.  In reading the FAQs for the site, on average coaches get 6 clients per year.

I also started up my LinkedIn Advertising in hopes of generating traffic to my website and obtaining some sales leads that I can convert into clients.  In reviewing my blog post on commitment I can see that I am not walking the walk.  I need to update my profile to reflect that I am a leadership coach.  Otherwise everyone just sees me as a program manager.

I placed 5 calls to non-profit organizations yesterday to generate some leads for speaking or pro-bono work.  My goal is to contribute back to the community and build brand awareness in the market.  Today I plan to place an additional 5 calls to try and fill my lead pipeline.

I am becoming an active member in my local International Coach Federation Chapter to build a network and associate with other coaches.  I know that it is a shear numbers game and I need to talk to as many people as possible to start making these connections.

In putting myself out there I just received my first payback.  I had an individual sign up for a complimentary coaching session this Saturday.  This is really exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment