Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 16: The Startup Curve

I stumbled across an interesting article today that codifies the startup curve that most companies go through.  It is good to know what I am up against as I look to start up my coaching practice.  It starts with the techcrunch of initiation followed by the wearing off of novelty.  This is a pretty deep plunge which eventually plateaus into the trough of sorrow.  It dips again before you reach the promised land.  I can see that I have a long way to go and there are some difficult days ahead for my business.  The closing words of this article really resounded with me and provides encouragement to just get out there and release my product.  Then as I gain experience in the form of feedback I can release waves of improvement to my approach, technique, and effectiveness.

Along these same lines I have come to the conclusion that I myself need to hire a coach to assist me with my marketing efforts.  I know on the surface it sounds crazy that a coach would need to hire a coach, yet all the literature I have read indicates this is a highly effective way to improve performance.  After all is that not what I am selling to my clients?  I requested information from 3 local coaching firms and will look forward to seeing if there is a good fit.

I know that I can make a success of this business.  I am confident in my abilities and with the added benefit of completing my certification process I will be credentialed, which adds strength to my message.

No comments:

Post a Comment