Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 13: Structure

I have found that for me that structure is so critical to having a productive day.  Others could probably get by working from their home office, not me.  I get to distracted with errands and to-dos around the house that I get side tracked.  Plus it adds an element of professionalism to my day.

One of the things I have been grappling with is how to bring structure to my coaching engagements.  What does the startup/contracting phase look like.  How do I bill customers? How will I deliver my services?  What does it look like when the coaching engagement ends?  How do I measure progress to ensure we are meeting our goals?  All of these things have been swirling around in my mind and I have lots of ideas that need to get written down and codified.

I spent some of my thinking time today and put together a new client package which describes my services, fees, policies, and approach.  Given my target audience I want to ensure that it is polished and professional.  One of my next steps is to get the contractual forms reviewed by a lawyer to ensure they are complete.  Again I don't want to spend the bulk of my time contracting, instead I want to focus on providing my services.

I also need to start giving some thought as to how I will manage my scheduling, manage/track client actions, and record my sessions for client playback.  Perhaps this is the budding idea for an iPad app, one where they can login to a portal and access their recordings, coaching materials, worksheets, etc.  I can see that I will have no trouble filling my "thinking" time with challenges to solve.

Today I am working to finalize my blueprint for the week that ensures I am working toward my goals.  I still have only recorded half of my 101 so I have work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment