Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 12: Practice, Practice, Practice

I just returned from my first training session in pursuit of coaching certification.  It was an amazing weekend full of adventure, anxiety, and learning.  I am not a big crowds person to begin with so you can imagine my anxiety when I first arrived and there was about 20+ people in this big room.  It was sparsely adorned with the exact number of chairs placed in a circle.  I arrived early determined to introduce myself to others and be as social as possible; I succeeded in my first goal.  

I like the premise of the class in that we all give each other permission to practice on one another and create a safe environment to fail and learn.  I acknowledged to myself that this would be difficult yet necessary to embark on this new journey.  I succeeded in my second goal.

I made some good friends and contacts that I hope to keep in touch with.  It truly is all about networking and I want to maximize this resource for my benefit.  My next course is in about a month and I am so excited!  My third goal coming out of my first class is to make sure that I practice, practice, and practice the concepts to further my learning.

In an attempt to further my learning and proceed toward my goal I set up coaching sessions with my sister, my friend Ken, and another friend Trent.  These are not paid engagements as I am really focused on honing my craft, being comfortable "dancing in the moment" and actively listening to my intuition.  Setting and accomplishing goals is so rewarding.  With each step my visualization of having a successful business is coming to be.

I did a reality check today on expenses and they are getting a little out of control.  I need to start reigning them in and ensuring that I am expending only what I need to until I start generating some revenue.  I want to proceed as if I am a fully functioning business with the caveat that somethings can be done manually for the time being.



No comments:

Post a Comment