Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 6: Thinking


I find that I spend a great deal of time thinking lately, not daydreaming but actual thinking.  I have found that brainstorming, followed by cycles of refinement is what is needed to vet ideas and see if they are worth pursuing.

In terms of getting my name out there I have signed up with the GSBA, started advertising with Google adwords, setup social media, and attended one networking event.  I need to do more, these items are not netting any hits.  I'm thinking it might be time to do a webinar or find a small speaking engagement.  I need to refine my elevator pitch as well as putting together some material that I can share with others.

I decided to canvas my Linked In network and ask previous collegues if they would be willing to help me out with my coaching training.  I was surprised how many were willing to be my guinea pig.  Which brings me to my latest news, I have chosen a course provider.

I listened to an information session from both InviteChange and CTI and I preferred CTI over InviteChange.  Primarily because I am focused on business coaching rather than life coaching.  CTI offers many more options in terms of leadership development than did InviteChange.  Both are ICF certified.  So I start my first class in March and I am really excited to get my credentialing underway.

I have been working fast and furiously on my website to get that live.  I have written all the copy and I am just awaiting feedback from my editor.  Once I receive that I will be able to make the site live.  Here is a snapshot of the homepage.




No comments:

Post a Comment