Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 18: Hiring a Coach


I mentioned in a previous post my desire to hire a coach for myself.  I need some help establishing my brand, marketing myself, and using this as a method to reach my goal of getting 15 new clients this year.  

I interviewed my first coach today and it was an interesting discussion.  He definitely has the experience and skills that I am lacking in terms of marketing.  He focuses on developing strengths and wears both the coach and consultant hat.  We talked about several things and I was pleased that I am proceeding in the right direction for some things and others I am definitely deficient.  Simply things like leveraging my linked in network and marketing myself as a leadership coach.  We also talked about the need to establish a brand, refine my elevator pitch, and develop a marketing plan.  This is definitely the right move for me and something that would greatly help me in taking the next step in maturing my business.

I also attended the PSCA chapter meeting today and really enjoyed meeting other coaches in the area.  I left feeling renewed, much like I did while completing my CTI coursework.  I have a new focus and will plan to attend these meetings each month.  There was one other individual that does something similar to what I do and all the others had varying specialties.  The guest speaker just so happened to be a marketing coach.  What are the odds that I would find run across someone with the exact skills I was looking for.  I am going to engage with her and see if it would be a good fit and how she can help me in developing my marketing efforts.

My goal is to make a decision by Friday on which coach I want to hire.  This is exciting and scary at the same time.  I am determined to reach my new client goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment