Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 30: One Month Down


I have successfully hit the one month mark and my doors are still open.  Although I am very disappointed that I have not converted any leads to sales.  I am still putting my feelers out though.  Today I signed up for a free month of LinkedIn premium.  This gives me additional features like send email to anyone without them being in my network.  Unlimited messages to open link members, and more detail on who has been viewing my profile.

I decided to take full advantage of these new features and have sent out some emails to start building my network.  I asked for a couple of introductions as well as shared with others what I am working on in hopes that they would spread the word.  My good friend Ken spoke to his HR manager last week and is going to follow-up with her this week.  They are looking to promote more from within, which means grooming leaders and ensuring they are ready to take on increasing levels of responsibility.  This is right in my area of speciality.  Another seed planted.

I also sent some get back in touch emails to individuals within my network giving them an update and asking for one in return.  I also told them why I was contacting them and let them know what kind of client I am looking for.

I am going to continue doing this until it yields some fruit, which I am confident that it will.  If nothing else it will continue to strengthen my network and expand it's reach.  My goal is to get 1000 people signed up to receive my newsletter.

The adage, if you build it they will come, certainly was not talking about coaching.  I am finding out that it is much more difficult than I have ever expected to land clients.  I have a strong resolve and will get 15 paying clients by the end of this year.  In this case I need to work harder and smarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment