Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 37-51 Falling Behind on Posts

I have gotten really behind in my posts, but never fear I have been busy working to build my business.  I will try not to get bogged down in detail and just focus on the highlights.  I am also committed to keeping up to date with my posts in the future.  This will now become part of my daily ritual before I login and check my email.

In working with my marketing coach we have made some great progress.  One of our key focus is to solidify my key marketing message.  I have been focused on completing a worksheet that helps me to think in terms of what I have to offer, why my customers come to me, and what makes me unique.  While simple in approach it is powerful in its results.  It has helped me refine my thinking and ensure that my messaging is in alignment with customer expectations and my brand.  The last thing you want to do as a business owner is to send mixed messages.  My next session is May 11 where we will discuss the worksheet.

I have been working diligently to advertise my business and expand my network.  I am happy to report some progress in this area.  First, I have solidified my relationship with SeattleWorks, a local non-profit.  Offering my services for free is a way for me to break into a niche.  It is interesting how things come about.  I would have never considered this before and yet I may have stumbled upon something that is really in my sweet spot.  I am consulting with a project team to help them put together a plan for the second phase of their project.  It is so rewarding to help others have impact in the organizations in which they work.  I have also established a relationship with the University of Washington, Evans School to offer coaching to MPA students.  I had two students sign up and actively working with one.  It was great to refine my approach and get more comfortable in my coaching shoes. Lastly I have signed up with PerksConnect to offer my services at a discounted rate to physicians within the United States.  I have sent out my first offer in hopes that I will drum up some business.  I am learning as I go and this is a great way to get the word out to a large number of people.

I was also invited to write a guest blog for Noomii.com regarding my experience with UserTesting.com.  It was a lot of fun and enabled me to expand my network with the co-founder of Noomii.com.  If you are interested in reading the post it can be found here:  http://www.noomii.com/blog/3619-feedback-user-testing-website.

You can tell that I have been busy in my absence.  I am excited to be back on board with my daily posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment